Friday, April 3, 2015

Whither, The Artisans' Circle?

People often ask me, "What do you plan to do with The Artisans' Circle?"

Okay, actually no one has ever asked me that before. That's because The Artisans' Circle (TAC) is a vanity kin created for my wife and I on LOTRO's Vilya server, so I don't recruit. I've toyed with the idea of turning it into a real kinship someday, but it's been eight years now, so I doubt it will ever happen. Besides, I've been a kin Officer before and seen the grueling demands placed upon kinship leaders and founders and it just doesn't look like my bag. In fact, I've often thought running a kinship wasn't at all unlike buying a luxury vehicle or birthing children -- you shoulder an insane amount of responsibility then spend the rest of your natural life desperately trying to convince yourself it was worth it. If you're wondering what the future holds for TAC (and if you managed to find this blog entry and even took the time to read it there's an off-chance you just might care), the answer is: not much.
The Artisans' Circle kinship logo.

TAC was chartered to function as a hub since Mrs. Pad and I both enjoy crafting, but she's never been much for the social aspect of the game. The facade of a kinship, then, enables us to hoard crafting materials, abuse the swift-travel skill for various reasons, hang beautifully crafted decorations in the kinhouse, and generally look more important than we are. After all, if you don't have a "huge yard" hook on which to place that super-awesome chickenball field decoration, why are you in the game at all? Priorities, man. Priorities.

In all seriousness, I need to pee. Okay, now I'm being serious: if there was someone out there with a burning desire for self-flagella-er..... to co-operate a kinship from essentially the ground up but you don't want to wait forever to get a kinhouse and reach rank 10 (which happened so long ago the notion the pop music charts would one day be topped by a completely unknown, galloping, chubby Korean guy seemed impossible and even undesirable), then let's chat.

But I warn you now: I'm not nearly as interesting as this blog makes me seem.

PadhricMaster of Toons

No comments:

Post a Comment