Saturday, April 11, 2015

Th'ufferin' Th'uccota'th! How'th That Th'uppoth'ed to Th'ound?!

I certainly hope I don't get pummeled by smelly produce for doing this (Hey, it wouldn't be the first time --Mrs. Pad), but I thought some folks might be genuinely interested in how to pronounce certain words found in Middle-earth. Let me begin by saying there are plenty of guides out there if you're into that sort of thing. However, if you're a normal human being and don't particularly care what a labio-velar is, perhaps my little post here will be a tad more accessible.

You can find my brief but growing list of pronunciations under the "Phonetics Project" page, found on the navigation menu at the top of this blog.

P.S. I was curious, and discovered succotash is a North American invention consisting of boiled corn and beans to make a sort of ... um ... slop. Or casserole. No doubt it is tasty and nutritious!
Yummy!

Padhric
Master of Toons

No comments:

Post a Comment