Friday, April 3, 2015

Travails of a Random Blogger

Training my hands to write about something interesting and make it an entertaining read is a difficult job, like cosmology or spamming reputation items. Many's the time I've decided to write something only to sit down in front of the computer and have my hands realize they've naught to say (If only your mouth would realize the same thing now and then. -- Mrs. Pad). In such situations, I often decide the best thing to do is write about something I know my audience likes: LOTRO!
Padhric observes some inclement weather atop Amon Hen.

And so, some pointless musings: I find it quite ironic the name by which I'm best known in game is that of a Burglar since I've always hated the class. It would be like Bill Cosby dying from acute Jell-O poisoning. The changes which came with the release of Riders of Rohan have made me hate it less, but my relationship with the Burglar is still similar to how the world feels about Velveeta -- you love the creamy goodness, but reading the ingredient list makes you nauseous. Or something like that.

Anyway, I've warmed to the Burglar some, but only in group play. Watching all of those critical hits pile up like bad checks from M.C. Hammer is quite gratifying and the crowd control capabilities are more important than ever since the lore-masters have had their CC abilities largely limited to the yellow line. Overall, I think the Burglar is one of the few classes which saw marked improvement from the switch to the trait tree, but that's a discussion for another time. As Mrs. Pad said to me when I asked if she'd like a crock pot for her birthday, "We'll talk about this later."

Padhric
Master of Toons

No comments:

Post a Comment