Monday, August 10, 2015

Oops! Did I (Forget To) Do That?

It's been how long since I last posted here?! Egad...

I've had a rough few weeks at work (said everyone, always), including some travel (which I dislike) and the pursuit of several millions of dollars (which I won't personally receive and, therefore, dislike). But that just goes to show you: time flies when you're having fun. At least, that's what they keep telling me this is.

Ah well, I'm sure I'd know fun if I saw it.

Since I'm aging and childless, it is required that I talk about my dog. Poor Mr. Goober has been in rough straits again, having developed a second corneal ulcer, this time on his right eye. He had one on his left eye last year, and Mrs. Pad and I were beginning to wonder if maybe we were doing something wrong that was causing this nasty malady. Goober insisted it was related to our refusal to let him try ice cream, but the vet says these things strike without warning and toy breeds like the Shih Tzu are particularly susceptible to them.

Thanks to The Goob's sub-par genetic material, he is back on antibiotics again. Being 77 years old (in doggie years) and also on an anti-inflammatory for his arthritis, we've concluded the poor guy is just getting old. I suspect it won't be long before he begins asking us about the Medicare doughnut hole and starts watching reruns of Wheel of Fortune. 
 
"Honey, why can't we just stop and ask for directions? It looks awfully Apocalyptic down that way."

Anyway, this is all to say things have been a bit busy lately at Casa de Pad, so I apologize for the lack of activity here on The Greatest Blog of All Time.

What's that you say? I'll have you know 100% of all experts polled agreed this is indeed The Greatest Blog of All Time, so who are you to question science?

How many experts did I poll? This sounds like character assassination to me. I demand that you cease these underhanded attempts at spreading propaganda or I shall be forced to stop quoting your questions before I respond to them.

Where was I? Oh, right: nowhere in particular -- my favorite holiday destination.

Now, before I was so rudely interrupted by myself, I was going to say: I shall endeavor to post more of my risible reportage at a slightly higher rate of frequency over the coming days and weeks. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Unless, of course, you have none, in which case you can borrow mine.

Just don't scratch it.

Padhric
Master of Toons

No comments:

Post a Comment