Monday, March 13, 2017

Welcome to the Seekers of the Seven Stars!

Greetings, friends!

After a very long hiatus, I plan to try posting to this blog once again. I apologize for my lengthy absence -- I'm sure both of you missed me a great deal. The last several months have been a maelstrom of home improvement, changing jobs, holidays, puppy training, plumbing disasters, and many other distractions, but I hope to be back.


The first order of business is to announce the creation of The Seekers of the Seven Stars kinship. Through a series of bizarre events I won't bore you with, it seems I've landed myself the leadership role in this Arkenstone kinship. We first started recruiting on July 4, 2016, and we now have somewhere around 100 members (I can never be quite sure since a good number of the players refuse to use the Player Note function. AHEM!). Things seem to be going quite well there, and I encourage anyone searching for a fun, casual, and active kinship to check us out at seekersofthesevenstars.gamerlaunch.com.

I would also like to draw your attention to the newly created page titled "The Adventures of Elladan's Outriders." Elladan's Outriders is a sub-kin of the Seekers and runs a small roleplay group every Saturday night. As the Company scribe, it is my job to record our adventures for your entertainment, and so I urge you to give our story a read, so far as it has yet gone. This is similar to what I was trying to do with The Trials of Piersyn Wyne, but I've had to shelve that project due to time constraints. This new strain of storytelling is even more fun, though, since it reflects the actions of a group of four to six actual players, so it is far less predictable. New posts are added weekly, usually Sundays or Mondays after our runs. Be sure to check back regularly to learn more about the part we play in the great events of the War of the Ring!

As always, thanks for reading! I hope I continue to entertain you well into the future.

Cheers,

Pad

No comments:

Post a Comment